Monday, February 9th, 2009...8:53 pm
Plain Chocolate Coated Ginger Pieces & Gracie
Today Gracie ate a 200g packet of plain chocolate coated ginger pieces and wound up with a very sore belly. I reckon if I had eaten the whole packet I too would have felt ill. But she is a 5 kg dog and I weigh considerably more, so the effects are bound to be more severe on her. Never-mind the fact that chocolate is poisonous to dogs!
So, bloated of belly and with her heart racing, I took her to the vet. It was too late to get the chocolate out of her system, so she has been admitted for the night and will be given an IV drip.
Naturally, I am fretting something awful.
Update 10/2 – Gracie is on the mend!